For Full Story: The Maritime Executive
Article By: MAREX Staff
JAXUSA Partnership, the regional economic development organization serving the greater Jacksonville area, today honored JAXPORT CEO Eric Green with the International Industry Leader Award for 2018. The prestigious annual award recognizes an individual for innovative work on behalf of the region’s growth, as well as for civic and charitable contributions to the community.
In awarding the honor, JAXUSA member Nelson Bradshaw, who serves as Northeast Florida CEO for BBVA Compass Bank, offered a look at some of Green’s recent achievements including:
• Gaining authorization and funding for the first stages of the Jacksonville Harbor Deepening Project which began construction in February
• Leading the port to record growth in container and vehicle volumes, as well as record-setting year-over-year revenues
• Securing additional international ocean carrier services and options which have attracted numerous large-scale distribution and logistics centers
• Supporting innovative investments in LNG, a cleaner, greener maritime fuel, by major JAXPORT tenants Crowley and TOTE Maritime, both serving Puerto Rico
• Negotiating a historic, long-term agreement with Carnival Cruise Line to continue cruise service from JAXPORT’s North Jacksonville passenger terminal
• Remaining personally engaged with customers worldwide and directing his executives to focus on unsurpassed customer service in order to grow the jobs and economic activity that JAXPORT’s thriving seaport attracts to the region.